See how Chunky ticks. Note: contact pest control immediately if you discover chunky ticks.
In order to use Chunk instead of Rockwell for the headlines, you’ll need to use Typekit. Don’t worry, it’s simple, free, and best of all you’ll be prepared to use Typekit on other projects.
- Sign up for a Typekit account. Chunk is included in their free Trial plan.
- On the welcome screen, click the Get Started button.
- When it prompts you for your site information, add both your Tumblr URL and safe.tumblr.com to the list. This way, you’ll see Chunk while you’re tweaking the appearance.
- Copy the two lines of code they give ya and return to Tumblr. Go to your Customize page.
- While in Customize you’ll find a text field in the Appearance drop-down called Typekit Code, paste the code there and save.
- Let’s hop back to Typekit. Here’s a link directly to Chunk. Click +ADD in the top right.
- The Kit Editor popup will appear. Click Publish in the bottom right corner. Give it a bit for the servers to refresh and you should be all set. Aces!
If you run into any issues, let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chunk is an ultra-bold slab serif typeface that is reminiscent of old American Western woodcuts, broadsides, and newspaper headlines. Used mainly for display, the fat block lettering is unreserved yet refined for contemporary use.
I’m not associated with the venerable League or designer Meredith Mandel. Just a fan!
|David:||What do you think of Chunky?|
|Tag:||It's okay, I suppose.|
|David:||Why I never!|
|Tag:||Why you never what?|
|David:||Why I never actually had this conversation with you.|
Just before creating this theme, I wrapped up a mixtape of old school R&B. While working on the album art, I pored through vintage vinyl covers. The bright, high contrast use of color and type had its influence on Chunky.